Wednesday, 27/2/08

We woke up at nine and packed stuff for the beach. The giant grasshopper on my flippers was stubborn as hell and would not get off. We went boogie boarding for several hours. Caught some huge waves it was real fun even though we were probably pissing off the surfers.


Had to climb some rocks for a shortcut to Playa Blanca

Took a nice nap out on the beach in the sun.

Ate lunch out there too, was sun burnt as hell but we went back for a few more waves anyway since the tide was coming in and they were even bigger.

Came back to the hour for a quick snack and shower.

Turns out I don't really miss tv, my cell phone or even the Internet, email facebook etc. At all. I went on the computer for the first (and last) time today ...and it just felt like wasted time. I couldn't even use the half hour I bought. Its really nice. Life goes simply. But I do kind of miss playing music.

Were leaving for jaco at about 7 with Stephannie. It will be nice to have her along to do some of the talking with these taxi drivers.

----------------
Our trip to Jaco was pretty good. We tried walking to the main road to the gate. Turns out it gets dark in about fifteen minutes; its pitch by 6:30. The road was completely black and well I guess there's a lot of snakes. Esta peligrosa is what Stephannie kept saying.

So we kept trying to hitchhike the 3 km walk. Eventually we found some willing people we hopped in the back of like some random work van full of tools, tires, and saw blades ha.

Then we waved down a bus to Jaco. We walked downtown and went to several bars. The Monkey Bar, Los Amigos, some place with live music, Nachos Daddy's which is like some kind of disqoteque. We had a few beers all over the place. Pilsen was the drink of choice.


Nacho Daddy's sign

Its really nice that Stephannie doesn't speak a lot of English. I really love talking in Spanish its sort of a game for me I guess.


The band was great, Stef knew the Bar Tender at Monkeys, Old Music but Loud!

We caught a taxi back to Punta Leona about midnight cuz the bars were kind of dead and we have to get up tomorrow at four to leave for Puntarenas.


Most of the bars were still loading the fridges at midnight...People show up around 2

Should be a good time. Stephannie says it'll be a good day. Whatever though I'm excited to travel more. The buses are kind of nice.

Aghhhhhhh hasta maƱana.

No comments: