Monday, 25/2/08

Today we got up at about nine to go to Jaco. We got a transport to the front of Punta Leona where we took some sort of cab thing to Jaco.

There we walked around a bit and went in the water; the surf was incredible. Consistent waves that were at least five feet high most of the time and the riptide was pulling pretty strong. I lost my glasses in one of these.

Luckily I brought an extra pair in my backpack. Went to the bank and exchanged some money Then we ate the sandwiches we had packed and laid on the beach for a little while. Its beautiful here.


Playa Jaco, sick black sand, and surf

We shopped around for a bit and I got some kind of sticker and a keychain, some cafe and a shirt of the national beer. We then sat down at los amigos bar and had a couple Imperiales. It was much better out of the bottle. Its easily one of the best beer logos in the world.


Too bad I didn't take more pictures of the town. Big Spider in this right

We came back via bus. The people are friendly of course and helped us figure out which one we needed to take. We accidentally sat in the handicapped seats which I realized once I read the sign. Luckily nobody needed them.

Back in Punta Leona we cooked up some Taquillos and I passed out from being so tired.

----------

Stephannie is over which is why I'm writing this right now lol. We played cards for a while. She "taught" us rummy and we taught her how to play Texas hold 'em...ha figures...

Its ok though I just drink the Cacique y Fresca, listen to music.

There is some kind if rush though that I enjoy in not being fluent in the native language.

I have no idea what well do tonight or mañana. I still need to get my piña colada. I miss playing music. I wish there was a guitar here.

I figured today that I can get just about anything I want in Spanish but I can't give anything. Because of this, my level in Spanish makes me feel very selfish and I hate that feeling.

Some kid totally yelled at us gringos from his bike in Jaco today it was kind of funny.

Mike got back we chilled and had a bit of Cacique y Fresca para beber. We were gonna go to the bar for a few beers but turns out everything is closed on mondays. We came back here to smoke the cigars que compramos en Jaco.

I made the stupid mistake of shutting the back door when we went on the back porch..... So we were locked out on the balcony....with no way down....

I ended up crawling up and over the roof to the front which thank god was unlocked. That was kind of scary. But alas we smoked the costa ricans and chilled on the back. Saw a huge spider missing two legs and a praying mantis the size of my fist.

Now sleep and music. I take stereo for granted.

No comments: